Breeze Airways is adding another new route from PIT as it begins service to several destinations for summer travel.
Driving the news: Breeze announced Thursday it will start nonstop service between Pittsburgh International Airport and Los Angeles International Airport starting Sept. 8.
- Flights are available for sale at flybreeze.com with introductory fares starting at $53.
- The service will operate twice a week on Mondays and Fridays. The outbound flight departs Pittsburgh at 9:20 a.m. and arrives in Los Angeles at 11:45 a.m. local time. The return flight leaves Los Angeles at 12:35 p.m. local time and arrives back in Pittsburgh at 8:15 p.m.
- Flights will be operated by the airline’s Airbus A220-300 aircraft. The A220s include the airline’s newly rebranded first class cabin, Breeze Ascent, which offers wider seats with extra legroom.
- Complimentary water is available while enhanced snack and beverage choices, including alcohol, can be purchased. Passengers can plug into in-seat AC outlets and USB/C power ports to charge personal electronic devices.
Network growth: The addition of Los Angeles comes as Breeze begins four new routes from PIT for summer travel. The airline is growing its total destination count to 11 cities served nonstop from Pittsburgh.
- On Thursday, Breeze resumed seasonal service to Norfolk, V.A., and launched nonstop flights between PIT and Raleigh-Durham, N.C., with flights operating on Thursdays and Sundays. Breeze joins American Airlines’ existing twice daily service to Raleigh-Durham.
- Nonstop flights to Long Island-Islip, N.Y., and Jacksonville, Fla., will launch on Thursday, with each operating twice a week. Breeze becomes the first airline to serve Islip from PIT nonstop in over 25 years and becomes the second carrier to serve Jacksonville alongside Allegiant Air.
- Nonstop twice weekly service to Portland, Maine, will begin June 2. PIT last had nonstop service to Portland during the summer of 2021 on United Airlines.
- “Pittsburgh was one of the first cities Breeze announced service from,” said David Neeleman, Breeze’s Founder and CEO. “These new routes include great destinations like Jacksonville and Los Angeles, giving our guests in the Pittsburgh area a great chance to take a great, affordable summer vacation.”
Shift in service: In September, Breeze will transfer its seasonal Orange County service to nearby Los Angeles.
- Breeze will maintain year-round service to the Los Angeles metropolitan region, a key West Coast market from Pittsburgh.
- Nonstop flights to Orange County, which began on March 31, will continue to operate twice a week on Mondays and Fridays through Sept. 4 and are expected to return in 2024.
- Breeze is the second airline to offer nonstop service to LAX alongside Spirit Airlines, which offers daily flights on the route.
Special deals: To celebrate the new routes, Breeze is offering one-way promotional fares through May 26 to the following destinations from Pittsburgh:
- Norfolk, V.A., starting at $69
- Raleigh-Durham, N.C. starting at $56
- Jacksonville, Fla., starting at $65
- Long Island-Islip, N.Y., starting at $53
- Portland, Maine, starting at $85