Get those Terrible Towels ready to head to Las Vegas.
Driving the news: Allegiant Air announced Friday that it was adding special nonstop flights from Pittsburgh to Las Vegas this fall to accommodate Steelers fans headed to see the black and gold take on the Raiders.
- The flights can also be purchased as part of a package that includes game tickets and a hotel room. The outbound flight leaves Pittsburgh at 9 a.m. Friday, Sept. 22 while the inbound flight departs Las Vegas at 11 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 25. The game is scheduled for Sunday night, Sept. 24 at Allegiant Stadium.
- “We know Steelers fans travel incredibly well to away games, and it’s fantastic that Allegiant recognized this increase in demand and added flights to Las Vegas,” said Bryan Dietz, senior vice president of Air Service and Commercial Development at PIT. “I look forward to Allegiant Stadium being a sea of black and gold that weekend.”
- Southwest and Spirit also offer regularly scheduled daily nonstop service to Las Vegas.
Steeler Nation on the Road: Steelers fans are known for traveling to away games across the country. Allegiant selected Pittsburgh as one of four NFL cities to add special nonstop service to key away games. Dallas, Kansas City and Buffalo are the other cities to be offered a similar promotion.
- “We are thrilled to offer these specialty flights to four of the most passionate fan bases in the league,” said Drew Wells, Allegiant senior vice president and chief revenue officer. “Every year, we look for opportunities to bring NFL fans to premier vacation destinations to see their teams play. These flights are popular with our customers, and we expect them to sell out well in advance of the games.”
- Fans can book the full package at AllegiantAir.com/Raiders or just the flight at AllegiantAir.com.