Since debuting at Pittsburgh International Airport in July 2021, Breeze Airways has added new destinations like clockwork. On Tuesday, the airline announced it would begin serving Tampa International Airport nonstop in October.
Why it matters: Tampa becomes the 12th city on Breeze’s route map from PIT, continuing the airline’s significant growth in the market in less than two years.
- “We have seen amazing demand in Pittsburgh as we continue to expand and grow at PIT,” said Breeze Airways president Tom Doxey. “This new route to Tampa will offer our guests in Pennsylvania a 12th nonstop destination in just two years of service.”
What to expect: The new route will begin on Oct. 5 with service on Thursdays and Sundays. Fares start from just $59 one way.
- Breeze offers passengers both bundled and a la carte options known as Nice, Nicer and Nicest. The Nicest bundle includes Breeze Ascent, two checked bags, and complimentary snacks and beverages, including alcohol.
- Breeze currently flies both regional and transcontinental flights within the U.S. on a fleet of Embraer 190/195 and Airbus A220-300 aircraft.
Rapid growth at PIT: The Tampa announcement is the latest in a flurry of additions to Breeze’s route map at PIT, which started with just four destinations less than two years ago.
- Last month, the airline announced it would launch nonstop service to Los Angeles International Airport in September. That came after the March launch of a seasonal route to Orange County, Calif.
- In the last few weeks, Breeze resumed seasonal service to Norfolk, Va., and launched nonstop flights to Raleigh-Durham, N.C.; Long Island-Islip, N.Y.; Jacksonville, Fla.; and Portland, Maine.
- The airline also offers nonstop service to Charleston, S.C.; Hartford, Conn.; New Orleans, La.; and Providence, R.I., plus one stop/no plane change BreezeThru service to Provo-Salt Lake City, Utah.
- “We appreciate Breeze’s impressive growth in Pittsburgh with service to now 12 nonstop markets,” said Bryan Dietz, senior vice president, Air Service & Commercial Development. “This new service highlights our market’s strong desire for more nonstop options to destinations in Florida.”